The OTG Group is very excited to offer Joomla to our customers!
So what is Joomla?
Joomla is an award-winning content management system (CMS), which enables you to build Web sites and powerful online applications. Many aspects, including its ease-of-use and extensibility, have made Joomla the most popular Web site software available.
What's a content management system (CMS)?
A content management system is software that keeps track of every piece of content on your Web site, much like your local public library keeps track of books and stores them. Content can be simple text, photos, music, video, documents, or just about anything you can think of. A major advantage of using a CMS is that it requires almost no technical skill or knowledge to manage. Since the CMS manages all your content, you don't have to.
What are some real world examples of what Joomla! can do?
Joomla is used all over the world to power Web sites of all shapes and sizes. For example:
- Corporate Web sites or portals
- Corporate intranets and extranets
- Online magazines, newspapers, and publications
- E-commerce and online reservations
- Government applications
- Small business Web sites
- Non-profit and organizational Web sites
- Community-based portals
- School and church Web sites
- Personal or family homepages
Who uses Joomla?
Here are just a few examples of Web sites that use Joomla:
- This website… OTG Group http://www.otggroup.com
- MTV Networks Quizilla (Social networking) - http://www.quizilla.com
- IHOP (Restaurant chain) - http://www.ihop.com
- Harvard University (Educational) - http://gsas.harvard.edu
- Citibank (Financial institution intranet) - Not publicly accessible
- The Green Maven (Eco-resources) - http://www.greenmaven.com
- Outdoor Photographer (Magazine) - http://www.outdoorphotographer.com
- PlayShakespeare.com (Cultural) - http://www.playshakespeare.com
- Senso Interiors (Furniture design) - http://www.sensointeriors.co.za
This all sounds great but what is it going to cost me?
Less than you might think. Joomla itself is completely free! All you need is a place to host (park) your Joomla website then you can get busy adding content that will keep your visitors coming back for more. The OTG Group has worked very hard to build an infrastructure and capacity to host your Joomla website and we pride ourselves on personal customer service.
Our hosting fee starts at just $10 per month with a one time setup of $25.00. You hosting package includes automated scheduled backups and 1 gigabyte of free space. Our email plans are sold separately and mailboxes start at just $1.00 per month and are integrated into your Joomla site.
We understand that you can find cheaper Joomla hosting on overloaded servers, but we have found that the price we charge allows us to be financially responsible to our customers and ourselves. This responsibility allows us to reinvest into hardware and infrastructure that provides our customers with the best hosting experience possible. Contact us today if you have questions or if you are ready to start your hosting with the OTG Group.